|CPU||CPU Model||AMD Ryzen R1600 |
| ||CPU Quantity||1 |
| ||CPU Architecture||64-bit |
| ||CPU Frequency||2-core 2.6 (base) / 3.1 (turbo) GHz |
| ||Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)|| |
|Memory||System Memory||4 GB DDR4 ECC |
| ||Memory Module Pre-installed||4 GB (4 GB x 1) |
| ||Total Memory Slots||2 |
| ||Maximum Memory Capacity||32 GB (16 GB x 2) |
- Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
- Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
- For more information about the recommended memory configurations, please check the Hardware Installation Guide of your Synology product.
|Storage||Drive Bays||4 |
| ||Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||9 (DX517 x 1) |
| ||M.2 Drive Slots||2 (NVMe) |
| ||Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)|
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA SSD
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
| ||Hot Swappable Drive*|| |
- The hot swappable drive feature is not supported by M.2 SSD slots.
- "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
|External Ports||RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port*||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) |
| ||USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port*||2 |
| ||eSATA Port||1 |
- This device's 1GbE LAN ports have a maximum transmission unit (MTU) size of 1,500 bytes.
- The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
|PCIe||PCIe Expansion||1 x Gen3 x2 network upgrade slot |
|File System||Internal Drives|
| ||External Drives|
|Appearance||Size (Height x Width x Depth)||166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mm |
| ||Weight||2.24 kg |
|Others||System Fan||92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs |
| ||Fan Speed Mode|
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
| ||Brightness Adjustable Front LED Indicators|| |
| ||Power Recovery|| |
| ||Noise Level*||22.9 dB(A) |
| ||Scheduled Power On / Off|| |
| ||Wake on LAN / WAN|| |
| ||Power Supply Unit / Adapter||100 W |
| ||AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC |
| ||Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase |
| ||Power Consumption||35.51 W (Access) |
11.52 W (HDD Hibernation)
| ||British Thermal Unit||121.09 BTU/hr (Access) |
39.28 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
- For more information on how power consumption is measured, refer to this article.
- Noise testing was conducted with the Synology system fully installed with Synology SATA HDDs and in an idle state. Two GRAS 40AE microphones are placed at a 1 m distance from the front and rear of the device. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
|Temperature||Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F) |
| ||Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F) |
| ||Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH |
|Warranty||3-year hardware warranty, extendable to 5 years with Extended Warranty Plus |
- Availability varies by region. Before purchasing, please visit the official web pages of EW201/202 and Extended Warranty Plus for a list of eligible regions.
- The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
|Environment||RoHS Compliant |
- Main Unit X 1
- Accessory Pack X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 1
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
- Quick Installation Guide X 1
- DDR4 ECC SODIMM: D4ES02-4G/D4ES02-8G/D4ES01-16G
- Expansion Units: DX517
- 3.5" SATA HDD: HAT5300
- 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5210
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD: SNV3410
- 10GbE Network Upgrade Module: E10G22-T1-Mini
- VisualStation: VS360HD
- Surveillance Device License Pack